Clicking here will take you to the website of Dr. David Zuniga, a Psychologist in Austin who has many years of experience with Hospice. He is a friend of ours. As such, he graciously allows us to refer you to his free series of Mindfulness Meditations. You are welcome to use any or all of the 6 Meditations. If you would like help with these please call our chaplains, who are trained in this practice, at 512-900-2548.
Here is Dr. Zuniga’s list of Books on Death and Bereavement for Children and Adults
10 Tips for Family Caregivers
from the Caregiver Action Network
- Seek support from other caregivers. You are not alone!
- Take care of your own health so that you can be strong enough to take care of your loved one.
- Accept offers of help and suggest specific things people can do to help you.
- Learn how to communicate effectively with doctors.
- Caregiving is hard work so take respite breaks often.
- Watch out for signs of depression and don’t delay getting professional help when you need it.
- Be open to new technologies that can help you care for your loved one.
- Organize medical information so it’s up to date and easy to find.
- Make sure legal documents are in order.
- Give yourself credit for doing the best you can in one of the toughest jobs there is!